PlantworX Awards sees demolition representation on both sides of the fence.
Yesterday, the great and the good of the construction and demolition equipment industry gathered at The Gherkin in London to celebrate the winners of the 2015 PlantworX Awards for Innovation.
I was honoured to have been selected as the chairman of the judging panel and I had assembled a crack team of judges from across the industry spectrum including two notable representatives from the demolition sector: Austin Wilkinson from AW Demolition to give an operator’s perspective; and Rich Holt of Fabrications by Design to give us his insight into how the machines were put together.
The winners (below) were as diverse as they were innovative and it was pleasing to note that a good proportion of the winners and the highly commended were relatively small, specialist companies embracing technology to enhance a process or procedure. It was great to see demolition-related equipment (including several that we have championed here on DemolitionNews.com) among the winners. And it was most pleasing of all knowing that each of the winners had been selected by a truly independent panel with no political or financial axe to grind. The winners were, therefore, thoroughly deserving.
We have listed all the winners below and highlighted the demolition-related products in bold.
• Highly Commended – Elite GSS
• Winner – International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
• Highly Commended – International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
• Winner – Datatag Venom
• Highly Commended – Worsley Plant Lehnhoff quick coupler
• Winner – JCB Inteli-Hybrid Generator
• Highly Commended – Western Global AdBlue fuel bowser
• Winner – Komatsu PC210i-10 excavator
• Bronze – Wacker Neuson 803 mini excavator.
• Silver – International Powered Access Federation (IPAF)
• Gold – Datatag Venom
Our hearty congratulations to all the winners.