Site menu:

Servizi applicativi verticali, enterprise web services, portali informativi aziendali e tematici opzioni binarie broker, motori di ricerca e banc de binary dati.

Sponsors

  • http://www.aerodiamondtools.com
  • http://www.timelapsey.com
  • Web Design & Development

Become a sponsor

Sign Up For Our Newsletter

http://www.www.rammer.com/ http://www.hydraquip.co.uk/ http://www.demolishdismantle.co.uk http://www.rotar.com Pirtek www.thsp.co.uk /www.squaremilebroking.com Komatsu

Moscow must go…

Moscow to demolish 8,000 Soviet-era housing blocks.

Moscow city authorities are to tear down about 8,000 blocks of flats built in the 1950s and 1960s in a major clearance programme that will involve rehousing 1.6 million people in the coming years, it’s reported.

Mayor Sergei Sobyanin told a council meeting on Wednesday that the decision follows a positive review of an earlier, more modest demolition of about 1,700 of the low-rise prefabricated buildings known throughout the former Soviet states as “Khrushchyovkas”, Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper reports.

They were named after the then Communist leader Nikita Khrushchev, who had millions of the brick or concrete blocks built across the Soviet Union to help overcome the crippling housing shortages of the Stalin era. But buildings designed to last no more than 25 years – a period in which Khrushchev thought full Communism could be achieved – are now showing their age.
“Many people in Moscow are still living uncomfortably in ancient housing, to put it mildly,” Mr Sobyanin told his colleagues, acknowledging a problem that has troubled councillors, the press and residents for years. He said the buildings are in such a state that demolition makes more sense than any attempt to repair them.

The mayor has ordered the city authorities to propose construction sites for new housing within a month, and will chair the committee overseeing the building designs himself. Komsomolskaya Pravda says Muscovites are now awaiting news of which blocks will be the first to go.

Read more here.

Video – Power station popped…

Early morning implosion drops FirstEnergy plant.

The 306-foot brick and concrete smoke stack and 170-foot boiler house at the FirstEnergy plant at Lake Shore in Cleveland came crashing down early this morning.

The controlled explosion was carried out by DyKon Explosive Demolition Corp.

The $15 million demolition project at plant began in last year with crews ripping down metal and concrete for months. FirstEnergy shuttered the coal-fired plant in 2015 because of the anticipated cost of new regulations.

Video – Tucson and gone…

Demolition crews tackle Arizona bridge.

Work is underway on the demolition of the I-10 bridge at Ina Road in Tucson, Arizona.

Video – Auckland bridge time-lapse…

Onehunga bridge comes down in super-quick time.

The rapid fire demolition of a redundant road-over-rail bridge and the construction of a new road was undertaken in a compressed three-week timeframe over the Christmas holiday break.

This excellent time-lapse film from Auckland Transport captures the action:

Audio – BBC Radio Wales Didcot interview…

DemolitionNews discusses the Didcot disaster with BBC Radio Wales.

IMG_5135During the past week, DemolitionNews has been interviewed by several BBC radio shows, each seeking to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Didcot disaster, and each looking for an explanation of the – as yet – inexplicable.

Most of these interviews took place “in studio” where it was impossible to record the conversation. But the interview with BBC Radio Wales was conducted via Skype and we took the opportunity to secure the audio. You can hear it by hitting the play button below:

Didcot – One year on…

Thames Valley Police and Coleman and Company mark anniversary with statements.

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of the Didcot A Power Station disaster in which four demolition tragically lost their lives.

As the families and friends of the fallen gathered at the power station for a memorial service, both Thames Valley Police and Coleman and Company issued statements. Both are reproduced in full below:

Thames Valley Police
A year on from the partial collapse of the boiler house at Didcot A power station on 23 February 2016, Thames Valley Police (TVP) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) continue to investigate the circumstances that resulted in the tragic deaths of Michael Collings, Ken Cresswell, Chris Huxtable and John Shaw.
 
The thoughts of both agencies remain with men’s families, as well as those who were injured as a result of this incident.
 
The body of Michael Collings was recovered on the evening of the collapse. Following the collapse an extensive and challenging process to recover the bodies of Ken Cresswell, Chris Huxtable and John Shaw was undertaken. 
An investigation commenced immediately after the incident.
 
Representatives from TVP and HSE will attend a minute’s silence being held at Didcot power station today (23/02) to pay respects to the four men who lost their lives, and offer support for the families.
 
Supt Rory Freeman, LPA Commander for South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse, said: “Today will I imagine be another challenging day for the families who lost their loved ones in this tragic incident. “My thoughts remain with them and those who suffered injuries, and we continue to support those affected and give them the answers as to why their loved ones lost their lives.”
 
HSE’s Chief Inspector of Construction Peter Baker also paid his respects saying: “My thoughts and those of all at HSE are with the families of those who died and were injured at Didcot, particularly today as we mark the first anniversary of this tragedy. The HSE investigation team has been working tirelessly with our colleagues at Thames Valley Police to discover the circumstances behind the building collapse. We want to assure everyone affected by this incident and especially the bereaved families that we remain fully committed to identifying the cause.”
 
TVP and the HSE continue to investigate why the collapse happened which led to the deaths of the four men but also the injury of eight others, two of whom suffered serious injuries.
 
While this is a joint investigation, Thames Valley Police has the lead on establishing if any criminal offences under its jurisdiction may have taken place.
 
Senior investigating officer for TVP, Det Ch Inspector Craig Kirby, said: “Given the scale and unprecedented nature of this incident, the highly complex investigation being conducted, is progressing at pace.
 
“To date more than 1,300 statements have been taken, over 2,600 physical and documentary exhibits have been collected, along with 60,000 still images and video footage. This figure continues to grow as more evidence is gathered.
 
“The evidence is being examined by both TVP and HSE, with assistance from forensic archaeologists, metallurgists and structural engineers.
 
“In the coming months TVP and HSE will have completed their work at the Didcot site, and the investigation will continue off-site.
 
“We continue to support those affected by this incident and they are being given regular updates on the progress of the investigation.”
 
“Thames Valley Police and HSE are entirely committed to uncovering why this tragedy happened and will seek justice for those affected, should any wrongdoing be found to have taken place.”

Coleman and Company
Mark Coleman, Managing Director of Coleman & Company, has issued the following statement today on the first anniversary of the accident at Didcot A Power Station:

“Today is the saddest of days. It is exactly one year since the tragic events at Didcot claimed the lives of Chris, John, Kenny and Mick.

“Our thoughts are with their families at this difficult time. They have endured the most appalling year. Nothing, no words or action, can bring their men back, or erase from memory the torment they experienced during the long wait to bring their loved ones home.

“Throughout they have shown tremendous dignity. It is essential that lessons are learned from this terrible accident so no family should have to endure similar agony in the future.”

Coleman will be attending a private gathering with families at Didcot this after- noon.

There is no news today…

DemolitionNews falls silent to mark one year anniversary of Didcot disaster.

#didcot4 j

Video – Dem-Master goes shopping…

Contractor at work on one of UK’s biggest regeneration projects.

The £1 billion redevelopment of the St James Centre in Edinburgh has finally got under way, following years of delay.

The plan to demolish the existing 1970s St James Centre and replace it with modern retail and office space was originally given the go-ahead in 2009.

The project met with a series of delays, with developers blaming difficulties in attracting international investors in the wake of the financial crash in 2008 and “uncertainty” surrounding this year’s EU referendum vote.

Read more here, or view the video below:

Narrow escape as gas canister hits house…

Ohio woman has lucky escape as gas canister travels 1,400 feet and punches hole in her house.

A woman had walked out of her room just moments before a 100-pound canister came crashing into her home Sunday, according to Hamilton Police Sgt. Brian Robinson.

The compressed air cylinder was accidentally launched about 1,400 feet away from the woman’s Home. It happened as a demolition company was cutting up steel and metal at the old Beckett Paper Mill building.

“Turned it into basically a flying missile that shot somewhere a 1,000 to 1,500 feet across rooftops of a neighbourhood where it bounced off the street and into the side of a building,” Robinson said. The cylinder left a gouge in the road and a hole in the house.

The homeowner was not injured. “It could have killed someone very easily,” Robinson said. “Someone, something was taking care of her that day.”

A Hamilton demolition company has taken responsibility for the canister, Hamilton Police Chief Craig Bucheit posted on social media Monday.

Read more here.

Video – On the Riviera…

Timeline film captures almost an entire year of Las Vegas demolition.

The Riviera Hotel & Casino was one of the best-known landmarks in a city of landmarks. But as part of the seemingly endless evolution of Las Vegas, the giant complex was demolished over much of 2016.

And now, a new video that documents that demolition – including the implosion in August 2016 – has been released:

Web design in Weybridge, Surrey

Latest news about herpes cure . http://www.utilityphonenumber.co.uk/ . http://www.msphackbylisa.com/ fan get free diamonds every week