National Demolition Association CEO Mike Taylor provides update on US demolition industry.
The National Demolition Association’s chief executive Mike Taylor was a guest speaker at the National Federation of Demolition Contractors 2009 Annual Convention. During the presentation, Taylor highlighted:
- That around 7,000 of the US demolition sector’s 22,000 employees are currently unemployed
- That President Obama’s stimulus package had yet to have any significant impact
- That the NDA is concerned at the training of future generations of demolition contractors
- That NDA members are looking overseas for new work opportunities
- And that the NDA is about to adopt the NFDC’s guidance notes on high reach excavators and track mounted mobile crushers (a subject we plan to address in more depth soon).