Newcastle contractors on standby as post-flood inspections continue.
Flood-damaged flats in Newcastle which are close to collapse are likely to be demolished, engineers have said.
According to BBC reports, floodwater gouged out ground beneath Spencer Court, Newburn, on Tuesday, exposing the piles holding it up and badly damaging foundations.
Residents attending a public meeting reacted angrily to the news the flats might have to be pulled down.
On Thursday two further blocks of council flats were evacuated amid fears Spencer Court could collapse.
Residents of Hareside Walk and Hareside Close had been allowed home but were asked to leave again.
Housing company Your Homes Newcastle – which manages council housing for Newcastle City Council – said it took the decision in the interests of residents’ safety.
Mick Murphy, technical director at Newcastle City Council, said after the meeting: “Engineers assessments say that it’s unsafe and probably unsafe to try and repair.”