Man hurt in Scottish gas blast dies in hospital.
A gas explosion victim has died in hospital five days after a blast at a former convent.
Police have confirmed the 23-year-old succumbed to his injuries yesterday in hospital while a second man is still fighting for his life.
Two workers who were clearing asbestos last Thursday from the pastoral centre on Bonkle Road were rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “We can confirm a 23-year-old man succumbed to his injuries in hospital on Monday, October 9 2017. DemolitionNews understands that the man killed was employed by asbestos contractor Enviraz Scotland.
“A 26-year-old man remains in hospital in a serious condition. A joint investigation is ongoing with police and the Healthy and Safety Executive and a report will be submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.”