The inaugural British Demolition Awards has taken place. And it was a roaring success.
It was 14 months in the making. But on Friday 20 July, all our plans and aspirations aligned as the first-ever British Demolition Awards took place at the world-famous Belfry Hotel and Resort in Sutton Coldfield.
Almost 300 of the industry’s biggest names and finest minds gathered for a glittering and wholly-independent inaugural event that recognised many companies and disciplines overlooked by other so-called industry awards.
If you couldn’t make it, you can see what you missed in the exclusive video (below). And if you were there, see if you can spot yourself amongst the great and the good featured in this film.
Here is the list of all the winners:
• Environmental Innovation of the Year – Red Knight 6
• Tender Submission of the Year – Metro Deconstruction
• Training Innovation of the Year – AR Demolition
• Risk Assessment/Method Statement of the Year – Downwell Demolition
• Safety Innovation of the Year – Pirtek
• Trainee/Apprentice of the Year – Patrick Crighley, Rye Demolition
• Demolition Innovation of the Year – Arden Equipment
• Demolition Contract of the Year – R Collard Ltd, GSK facility in Greenford
• Demolition Contractor of the Year – Erith Contractors
We will be producing a full report on the first-ever British Demolition Awards in the next edition of the Demolition magazine. But please also take a moment to check out our exclusive video from the event AND an audio reflection on what proved to be a bigger and better event than any of us dared hope.